February 09, 2006

Jersey, Baby, Jersey

Only one band has the power to make me cross state lines just to catch their gig -- The Fever. Ok, maybe one or two other bands with names that begin with F, but they're nowhere near Maxwell's, which is where I'lll be tomorrow night.

I'm intrigued by their new tracks "Redhead" and "Waiting for the Centipede," off their next album, In the City of Sleep. Heading towards a new sound, eh? They aren't as immediately dance-rock catchy like most tracks off Red Bedroom or Pink on Pink, but they are growing on me...fast. "Waiting for the Centipede" makes me think of haunted circuses and carnivals filled with animals waltzing with each other while Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band members walk in and out of the Big Top. Uh, listen to it and maybe you'll understand why I'm babbling this way.

0 Comments  |  Link



0 Comments

Post a Comment