February 05, 2006

Careless Roommate, Careless Me

I don't post a lot of "I'm angry at &*$@#-ing " posts, but am making an exception tonight because I just got into a stupid cooking accident which freaked me out. Target of my wrath: my roommate and her carelessness, and myself for not pointing out her carelessness earlier and being careless myself.

Because both targets contributed to my accidentally slicing open my left wrist on a serrated steak knife that she left in the drying rack blade up. I didn't notice the knife, and my left wrist rubbed across the edge as I was removing a dish from the rack. The cut wasn't deep or long, but the amount of blood that dripped from it was freaky. It's been cleaned and bandaged, but my wrist gives the impression that I was fatally upset over the Super Bowl results. I guess the cut could have been worse if I didn't react so quickly. Grr, if I could kick my own ass I would! But my roommate's ass is within kicking range. Counting the minutes until she returns...

2 Comments  |  Link



2 Comments

at 2:40 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eek! Bloody knives in the kitchen...

Glad you are ok.

P.S. Who dries anything pointy-side up, anyway? Isn't that, like, a cardinal rule in safety?

 
at 7:25 PM Blogger Awreye said...

I believe it's one of the cardinal safety rules along w/don't run w/scissors.

Re-reading my post -- geez, what a drama queen I am! The cut is no more than 1/2 long and is healing nicely. Rather angry yesterday because the accident was preventable -- if only I remembered to point out all the other times she left her knives blade up in the drying rack. Stupid accident...

 

Post a Comment