January 14, 2006

You Want Me to Run Up What?

Received this invite to a race up the GE Building in Rockefeller Plaza. I love the concept, but attempting this will probably kill me.

69 flights, 1,261 stairs up the 60th tallest building in the world
= passed out runner

The NYC Nike Running Club folks obviously haven't caught on about my delinquency about joining their winter training runs. Hate running in freezing weather -- feels like someone is sitting on my lungs when I'm out there.

Next time, next time.

3 Comments  |  Link



3 Comments

at 6:49 PM Blogger Meredith said...

I used to work there! I would not wish running up those stairs on anyone, especially considering it was hard enough for me to go from the 19th to 20th floors when I needed something.

 
at 11:38 PM Blogger Awreye said...

yeah, no run the rock for me. some of the nike runners are pretty hardcore (not me). heard a rumor that to be a pacer you have to run up to the observatory deck (86th floor!) of the Empire State Building under a certain time.

 
at 3:02 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm tempted to come down to see how many people pass out. I'd totally power walk it, or at least jog it. But no running.

 

Post a Comment