October 23, 2005

The One Night I Leave the City

...Madonna makes an appearance at MisShapes! I heart Madonna.

Of course this would happen on one of the few nights I venture into Queens and the craptastic weather makes me crash out there. At least I was well fed. Ate some very lean peking duck at the Tung Shing House. Still believe that Maple Garden serves the tastiest peking duck in NYC. MG's duck is slightly fattier -- don't fear fat! -- and pricier, but the service is a helluva lot better and tourist-free, unlike it's sister restaurant downtown.

Back to Madonna...I just finished viewing I'm Going to Tell You a Secret (dir: Jonas Ã…kerlund of 23478 music videos and Spun -- that was a trippy film). That doc makes me want to go on tour with her (or see her in concert). Now. Her new track makes me want to go out and dance. Now.

Will settle for dancing around my apartment to "Hung Up" this Sunday evening.

4 Comments  |  Link



4 Comments

at 10:07 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey.....now
i grew up on peking duck house duck! don't knock it;)
although my fam stopped going once they changed management, the vibe has changed, we don't dig it..

 
at 12:19 AM Blogger Awreye said...

The vibe at Peking Duck House has definitely changed since its re-design several years ago. The food is still good, but I sorta miss the grungy vibe of the PDK pre-re-design.

 
at 9:10 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeees agreed.. we miss it too... but the string beans with porky stuff is still yummy!!.. the redesign has forced us to get to know the rest of chinatown though, which is good... including soup dumplings! they're quite exciting

 
at 10:48 AM Blogger Awreye said...

Ooo...soup dumplings! My stomach grumbled when I read your comment. We have to get some in Chinatown soon. If you don't mind waiting, Joe's Shanghai is always a good bet (but packedpackedpacked w/non-locals and tourists). Or there's less crowded Shanghai Cafe. Ok, need to forage for breakfast before I pass out.

 

Post a Comment