October 06, 2005

Code! Orange!

What a way to end a workday! NYC is at code orange! Avoid the subways! Walk 9 miles home from your office! Curl up under your bed with your blankie!

All that flashed through my brain for a few seconds when a co-worker alerted me to this newsflash around 6pm.

Then I took a deep breath.

Took the subway home.

Cooked dinner.

Watched some escapist television.

Made a note to (finally) prep a go bag.


Listening to:
LCD Soundsystem - Daft Punk is Playing at My House (Marshall's ringtone for Sydney!)

2 Comments  |  Link



2 Comments

at 4:13 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hate to say it, but i don't remember nyc having left code orange.. is it just me?

 
at 11:31 AM Blogger Awreye said...

It's you. ;) I think NYC's been Orange since 9/11. The latest news gave my consciousness a kick in the pants regarding the risk of living in NYC. On top of the high cost of living etc., we have to worry about being attacked by terrorists while commuting to work! Sometimes it's just too much...then I remember all the things which I love about the city and ask myself how can I consider leaving?

 

Post a Comment