September 19, 2005

Boston Wrap-Up

Visiting friends in Boston is always a pleasure. On this trip I reunited with an old friend (Alex!), drank many mimosas and bellinis (my friends being classy and all), ate many puff pastries from Costco, and trampled many feet during our foray to Avalon.

Satan's Back-up Dancers, Possessed by the Spirit of DJ Adilson

I usually can't stand clubs where:
  1. I have to dress like a permatanned 'ho to get in
  2. The ratio of men:women is 234:1 -- usually a good thing for us ladies, but not if most of the men only come up to my armpit
  3. Hours of relentless house/jungle/drum & bass makes me want to rip my ears off
But made an exception for Anne's birthday, so off my 'ho-ified self went to Avalon.

I've avoided Lansdowne Street's cheezy club scene for the past 6 years. Last Saturday's return trip wasn't as bad as I expected, especially since I spent part of the night watching men leer at Anne's huge assets (A., I know you're reading this. They were!). Always amusing!

Fun night, but must spend this weekend purging Avalon from my system. A., let's hit this when you visit me in a few weeks, hmm?

2 Comments  |  Link



2 Comments

at 11:42 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Avalon defintiely sucked. I didn't realize my "assets" were being watched that carefully. Glad I could bring some enjoyment to everyone's evening. We will definitely hit Misshapes soon! Just not next weekend as I don't think I will survive Monday night if we do.


p.s. This makes us even :P

 
at 5:14 PM Blogger Awreye said...

Just hope that you had a good time. Wish that I took photos of the slack-jawed gawkers at Avalon.

P.S. This makes us even...for now.

 

Post a Comment