September 13, 2005

Bogota Bistro Eats

Dined at the Bogota Latin Bistro last night with the usual suspects. Bogota is a new addition to the many fine eateries on 5th Ave, Park Slope. I've walked past this joint many times when it was under construction, but never guessed that behind the newspaper-covered windows there would eventually be this wild explosion of color.

Staff was friendly, service was pretty good. Since everything else about the restaurant was en pointe, I really wanted to love the food. But honestly I wasn't blown away. Our fried calamari appetizer was yummy, but my main course was just ok. Perhaps I should have been more adventurous about ordering -- plaintain crusted chicken is a little tame. The portion sizes were generous and the chicken wasn't over (or under) cooked, but it just didn't wow me.

Maybe I'm expecting too much, especially after dining here last week (thanks for picking up the check, dad!). Need to visit a few more times and try some other dishes before making a final judgment. Bogota, I will be back. In the meantime, I'll follow its culinary adventures from afar.

6 Comments  |  Link



6 Comments

at 11:56 PM Blogger springsandra said...

I really liked the salmon, actually! I'd give it another go there with a little more adventurous a try... but now we've gotta pick another new place to dine for next monday! :)

 
at 7:19 AM Blogger Awreye said...

Definitely need to try Bogota a few more times. As for next week, I'm nominating Thai. I haven't eaten Pad See Ew in 2 whole weeks. Longest that I've ever gone without my Thai fix.

 
at 10:50 AM Blogger springsandra said...

I love thai so i'm game. Do you want to stay in the neighborhood (mango thai is the best) or go somewhere in the city?

 
at 3:42 PM Blogger Awreye said...

I'd like to stay local. I've already checked out Rice Thai, Thai Sky, Long Tan, that place w/Joya on its menu cover but isn't actually named Joya. Think that Mango Thai is the one place in our neighborhood, which I haven't tried. Let's check in w/Mars later and get her feedback. Need to rope her into blogging, or at least commenting!

 
at 12:40 AM Blogger springsandra said...

Joya is on Court Street in Cobble Hill. The new place, I think, is called Sing or Song or something like that... it's the sister store. Joya's ok, but I don't think it's as good as Mango. We could try it though, if you want.

 
at 1:04 AM Blogger Awreye said...

I've actually tried Sing/Song/Whatever a few times. Its pretty decent (and cheap!) and the DJ spins pretty good tunes (guess the music helps digestion). Let's try Mango!

 

Post a Comment