September 07, 2005

Run Run Run to Fashion Week

Ran 3.5 miles today in Central Park with my running club. Woot! Well, with is a bit of an exaggeration. As one of the members with the slowest pace, its more like I ran after the club. This is pretty much the the only exercise I get, outside of silly dancing at overcrowded clubs and dragging grocery-laden plastic bags home over 10 blocks. Yes, I am lazy and determined not to fork over $70 per month to a gym.

Anywho, the run was uneventful. No heckling from the homeless lady about my "thunder thighs" as I jogged by her bench today. Didn't encounter any "I'm trying to stay anonymous, so I'm avoiding eye contact" celebrity joggers. But I did notice that the Time Warner Center, which is located on the SW corner of the park, was closed tonight. In Style magazine booked the space for some sort of fashion to-do, which means one thing -- Olympus Fashion Week is almost here!

I've lived in NY for years, my mom and most of her friends work in the industry but I have yet to set foot in the big tents of Bryant Park. So this year I'm working it to get a ticket for one of the runway shows. Will see if my strategy to see underfed models wearing amazing clothes upclose through my mom's best friend's client is successful.

Edit: Woah, this was a rather random post -- from jogging to fashion. My mind is all over the place!

0 Comments  |  Link



0 Comments

Post a Comment