August 31, 2005

If I Can't Find a Job

...I can always follow in the footsteps of the brilliant busker whom I spotted today. During the F train ride back home, I noticed the gawd-awful sounds emanating from a saxophone-playing busker. Squeak! Screech! My fellow subway riders were wincing. I turned up the volume on my mp3 player to a deafeningly loud level.

Turns out the crappiness of the performance was deliberate -- after 15 minutes (I kid you not, the subway made 3 stops before the busker ceased.) of audio torture, the busker finally stopped. And threatened to continue playing horribly if we did not give him money. And it worked! Fellow riders were giving him $ bills to get out of our car.

If I'm hard-up for money, I will try this technique. But instead of a sax, I'll use my kazoo to annoy riders.

0 Comments  |  Link



0 Comments

Post a Comment