September 13, 2005

Gawking at Fashionistas

Last Saturday I attended Miguel Peña's Spring 2006 show at Hiro. My first official Fashion Week event ever! And my first brush with fashion hierarchy!

View from my seat waaay in the back.

My name was somehow left off the priority seating list, and I had to wait 20 min. in Hiro's entrance hall for my seat in the nosebleed section. Far enough that I couldn't pick out any details on the clothes, but close enough to see that the models were not naked.

Not naked. Not a ghost.

The show was delayed so the beautiful people can saunter in late to their front row seat. While waiting, my powerful fashionista-recognizing skills picked out Paper Magazine's Mickey Boardman just from a glance at the back of his head.

How were the clothes? A bit too sweet and uptown for my taste, but it was obvious that they were beautifully made and thoughtfully designed. Definitely see them on the racks of Bloomingdales or Henri Bendels being purchased by socialiates.

A photo from someone with a better seat.

Overall, the whole experience was a bit odd. I waited a total of 40 minutes for a 10 minute parade of exquisitely made clothes, the entire collection of which costs more money than I make in a year. All the preening. All the jockeying for front row seats.

0 Comments  |  Link



0 Comments

Post a Comment