October 08, 2005

Off With the Hair!

Yesterday Julie cut off 6 inches of my hair. I haven't had a haircut this short since the summer when I interned with all the wannabe political powerbrokers in DC (thought that short hair would send the message, "Take me seriously, dammit!"). That was also the summer when I learned that short styles requires more prep time in the morning. As someone who likes to spend max 30 seconds styling their hair, I vowed never to get it cut that short again.

I changed my mind. Needed to try something new and dying it Elmo red (college experiment!) was not an option. So many years and various long hairstyles later, I have a new short 'do.

Obligatory Cheesy Headshot So Mom Won't Freak Out
(I was just joking about shaving it all off!)

The era of short hair has begun.

4 Comments  |  Link



4 Comments

at 5:48 PM Blogger springsandra said...

Very nice!! That pic looks like a model headshot! Fancy Iris!

 
at 9:50 AM Blogger Awreye said...

Thanks! My hair will never look this good (until my next visit to the Beehive). Photo was taken only a few hours after the cut. I can never quite duplicate what the stylist does as far as application of product. Good thing Julie mentioned that this haircut looks best when messy. I like messy.

 
at 11:03 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks so good!!!! Very sassy. Nice pic as well :)

 
at 11:35 AM Blogger Awreye said...

I like sassy, as well. It's particularly sassy today w/the cold rain blowing sideways onto me.

 

Post a Comment