October 16, 2005

Rapturous

Last night I caught The Rapture at Fixed. First time seeing The Rapture live. Knowing that the venue would be crawling with hipsters and fashionistas, I took this opportunity to wear my jolie laide silver sequin heels. The shoes are so tacky, I love them!

Back to the main subject...The Rapture rocked and so did the crowd. None of the usual I'm-too-cool-to-dance-so-I-will-only-stare bs. People actually moved more than 2 muscles to the music. Must be something funky in the alcohol.

The band played some oldies and debuted some new tracks, which the dance-happy crowd ate up. Some photos (as you can tell, I was jammed against the front/left side of the stage.):





(Sandra -- thanks for the camera loan! Didn't use it for the walk, but it came in handy.)

2 Comments  |  Link



2 Comments

at 2:02 AM Blogger springsandra said...

Glad to be of help! Hang on to it for as long as you can use it. Sorry those photos didn't come out so great... was it really dark/weird lighting there?

 
at 10:21 PM Blogger Awreye said...

heeey, i liked the photos from that gig! studios@tribecagrand used red/green lights which made shooting extra fun (i.e. experimenting with shadows, closeups). i turned off the flash, so I can capture some of the red/green lighting effectgs and because it was making the photos look so plastic and blown-out.

 

Post a Comment