February 12, 2006

Blizzard 2006

Didn't think NYC would escape without one ginormous snowstorm this winter, ay?

26.9 inches of snow
! When it snows that much in the city, it means one thing to me: rock concert! Attended The Fever show during last year's blizzard. Attended the Electric Six show during this year's blizzard. It's tradition.
Snow = rocking out.

More on the E6 show later. Am pooped from hiking through Prospect Park looking for the perfect (uncrowded) sledding spots. Found them, slid down on them. Narrowly avoided colliding headfirst into a tree (only because a few wonderful folks jumped in front of the tree to block the collision; my head smacked into their shins instead. thank you, whomever you are!). Am in defrosting mode now. Tomorrow's trek into Manhattan should be an adventure.

7 Comments  |  Link



7 Comments

at 5:17 PM Blogger Meredith said...

I LOVE that photo. I miss snow.

 
at 8:05 PM Blogger Awreye said...

Is London snow-less? I'm not missing snow now -- especially since the city has turned into a big slushy mess now that the temp has risen a bit.

 
at 11:25 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

please tell me someone got a shot of you careening into the tree?

 
at 12:08 AM Blogger Awreye said...

bwahahah!

no. photographic evidence of my sledding disgrace does not exist. it was actually pretty frightening because i tilted my head back on the sled/floatation device and saw the tree approaching. i froze in a mini-panic. but hey, i live to collide w/more trees another day!

 
at 1:17 PM Blogger Meredith said...

No snow here this winter, there was a drizzle twice for about 2 minutes each. Contrary to what the stereotype is, it also hasn't rained here for weeks. I've only busted out my scarf a few times as well, and not to keep on bragging but the temperature today is a lovely 48 degrees!

 
at 3:19 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awreye

Love your blog....we saw the snow in The Big City on TV and I so wanna be there. I was there for New year and I visit once a year and Ill be back in june this year. Everytime I go back i say im coming home. Keep wrapped up.

JAMES

 
at 11:39 PM Blogger Awreye said...

I think I read somewhere that NY is the world's hometown...or something. Anyway, NY this New Year's was snowless, but bitterly cold! It's been rather warm lately. Soon there will be nothing left of the snow but mysterious gray puddles (mysterious because you don't know if it will come up to your ankles or your shins when you step in them).

 

Post a Comment