February 27, 2006

Best Laid Plans

I almost always have very ambitious Monday plans. Usually something along the lines of getting up early, trying to accomplish 283 tasks by day's end. I'm usually tuckered out by Friday, so might as well aim high at the beginning of the week, no?

Today was no different. Boarded the train just before 7am. Got stuck on a stationary train for an extra 20 minutes due to a mysterious track condition. When I finally staggered out of the subway station with only one thought in my mind, "coffeecoffeecoffee," I was greated by a closed Starbucks (!). After staring groggily at the brown paper-shrouded Starbucks for 10 seconds, I staggered over to Taralluci e Vino -- too early, staff still setting up. Then tried the News Café -- success, they're open! I didn't get to work as early as I wanted, didn't accomplish 283 tasks. But there's always next week...

0 Comments  |  Link



0 Comments

Post a Comment