July 24, 2007

Glasto Wrap-Up

I haven't posted in ages mostly because I've been busybusybusy offline. After spending your work day working and writing, you're tired and sometimes any energy you have to write at home is drained away. Lame excuse, I know. I'm trying to get back in the rhythm of posting since returning from vacation.

Anyways I was ankle deep in mud on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean a month ago. Yes, I was rocking out at the Glastonbury Festival. Oh, Glastonbury, you provided such a moist and muddy welcome for this American. You rained on us for 5 days. You threatened to flood our tent. You gave me the softest, moisturized knees as my wellies got stuck and I fell into your gooeyness time and time again. On top of that, you introduced me to some interesting folks and some kick-ass music.

We wandered between stages and saw so many bands that they all start to blur together....The Fratellis Amy Winehouse Bloc Party Bjork Dirty Pretty Things Lily Allen Babyshambles The Marley Brothers The Who and manymany more. Highlights:
dancing around during Mika's set in the dance tent (no mud! no rain! happy music!).
Naked elderly gentleman casually strolling across the Sacred Space one morning.
Escaping the rain by ducking into Left Fields and hearing the legendary Tony Benn speak.
Seeing the looks of horror on burly men's faces as a muddy moshpit opened up behind them and "the mudpeople" sloshed closer and closer.

I definitely didn't have time and energy to see everyone I wanted to see, but there's always next year! Glasto-virgin readers: here are some tips which I learned the hard way for a great 2008 festival experience:
Despite the crap weather, I'm definitely hooked on the camp-out at a festival experience.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments  |  Link



2 Comments

at 10:22 AM Blogger Meredith said...

Wow, I'm so excited (and jealous) that you went to Glastonbury!! I went in '04, it was one of my most favorite experiences ever!! Glad you had a good time, I've been living vicariously through everyone since I couldn't go.

 
at 10:29 PM Blogger Awreye said...

While I was sloshing through puddles at Glastonbury, I was wondering if you flew over for some muddy concert fun too. I'm down for Glasto 2008!

 

Post a Comment