September 11, 2006

Crazy People Sunday

I am a walking, talking crazy folk magnet. Proof below.

Inside Macy's, morning:
Dishelveled elderly woman with a wire cart smacks me on the arm with an empty coke can, apparently taking offense to the expression on my face as I was chatting on the phone with my mom. Mutters "Why'd you give me that look? Think that I'd steal your purse, huh? You'd probably steal my purse, you!"

R Train heading to Brooklyn, afternoon:
Bloated middle-aged man moans every 15 minutes as if he was having an orgasm, while lying across the orange plastic seats (and looking at me--creepy!).

Starbucks, late morning:
The barista was really nice. Like, too nice. Nice, like made me a free cup of white soy mocha, nice. Used to my monosyllabic, mostly sullen baristas at the one near my work. I think that barista may have put something in that free cuppa.

They rock.

5 Comments  |  Link



5 Comments

at 11:26 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

i bet you got a roofies in your coffee.
today when running I passed about 6 people. 3 of them were having animated conversations with themselves. good times.

additionally, i'm quite sure i passed someone peeing again today. i'm glad there was a wall blocking my view, so i cant say for sure.

good times around prospect park.

 
at 10:34 PM Blogger Awreye said...

i'll never forget the first time i saw a man urinating in public on the subway. i think that i was 9 yrs old. my mom hustled me away before my mind could fully process what i was seeing.

 
at 1:51 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
at 1:52 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
at 1:53 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment