March 13, 2006

Satur-fumes-day

I can't tell you how good it felt to add some color to my new apartment. No more white walls! No more knowing your living situation is temporary, so why bother painting (and why bother investing much time and money sprucing it up), when you'll just need to re-paint it white when you leave in a less than a year! Whipping the apartment into shape is happening slowly but surely. It'll happen more quickly once I have electricity hooked up (reasons behind why it hasn't been easy getting utilities turned on is a story for another post).

After returning to my soon-to-be-old apartment, I found an invite to friend-of-a-friend's birthday gathering waiting for me in my inbox. Really, what says happy birthday better than hookah smoking in the Village? I was already light-headed from inhaling paint fumes, so why not continue the fun?

Our late dinner at Risotteria was satisfying, but the rest of the night was just eh...I think that I needed to be drunker to develop a greater appreciation of sucking and exhaling fruity smoke. And you know those awkward parties where guests don't seem interested in partying or getting to know each other, but just showed up because they just felt obligated to the host? Yeah, I got that vibe from the guests; they seem tad absorbed either in themselves or their own cliques. A good party that does not make. Perhaps I should have made more of an effort to get people mixing? At that point, my body was running on adrenaline -- I've been awake for 17 hours, and reallyreally craved sleep. Threw in the towel early. Hobbled home in my awesome but painful Irregular Choice shoes. Washed the blood off my heels and crashed. Sleep felt so sweet.

0 Comments  |  Link



0 Comments

Post a Comment