December 16, 2005

Strike or No Strike? Anxiety Watch

All week NY (well me, at least) has been gripped with Strike Anxiety. Will the MTA and the Transit Workers Union be able to work out their concerns regarding a contract renewal? Will TWU go through with their strike threat? The last TWU strike lasted over a week! It's been a rollercoaster for my nerves.

Wed
My dept agreed to telecommute if there is a strike on Friday. Sweet!
Strike Anxiety: Low

Thursday
Went to my company holiday party thinking that there will be car service to get our inebriated asses home.
Strike Anxiety: Low

Received friend's text message while dancing to 50 Cent (yes, i went there) that there will be a strike.
Strike Anxiety: Medium

After emerging from the club and piling into cab, interrogate taxi driver about strike news. Midnight deadlines passes while we're approaching Brookyn Bridge without any news.
Strike Anxiety: Medium

Friday
Get home, listen to 1010 Wins. No strike news. What gives?
Strike Anxiety: Medium

Woke up at 6:45am. Still no strike news. Subways still running, but how long will that last?
Strike Anxiety: Medium/High

Finally new news: there will be a partial strike. I can commute to work but am not sure if I can get back home. Convinced MTA & TWU are conspiring to ruin my birthday.
Strike Anxiety: Medium/High

0 Comments  |  Link



0 Comments

Post a Comment