February 26, 2007

@)*$&)*#Q@! Substitutions

I go through phases during which I become fixated on using words, usually silly and juvenile in nature, that substitute the usual @#^$#$*! expressions of anger and frustration. A few years ago it was "kaka," resurrected from my playground memories by an ex-boss who applied it liberally to anything which annoyed her. I started using it. A lot.

Now I'm fixated on "douchebag." I don't remember why, but this word has got its hooks in me since late January -- used it in many emails and the copy for the invite to last week's Do a Grouch a Favor Day get together.



Other than my use of douchebag to entice people, it was a classy affair. Until someone started throwing M&Ms at my face.

I predict that my current fixation will last through the end of winter.

Labels: ,

0 Comments  |  Link



0 Comments

Post a Comment