February 19, 2007

Staring Problem

I've been doing something rather unusual for most New Yorkers lately -- making eye contact. Or at least trying to.

Many folks, whom I pass on the streets, look down, away or through me -- anywhere but at me. I wonder if passerbys now think of me as that weirdo on the street with the staring problem. You know, the one whom your mom advised avoid looking in the eyes because he/she maybe ready to snap. The one with the sharp spork hidden in her sleeve destined for the eye of the next person who looks at them funny (this could just be my mom dispensing such advice) .

Besides spotting more celebrities, I noticed that when I'm really tired, I tend to make eye contact with folks whom I believe I know. Like this guy with a Macbook Pro in Starbucks last week who looked like my co-worker, except that die-hard PC fan would rather eat coffee grinds than use a Mac. Or this woman on the N train with a strong resemblance to my ex-college roommate who ignores me for the most part. Hallucinations?

Labels:

0 Comments  |  Link



0 Comments

Post a Comment