October 16, 2007

I'm Back, Still Staring

Woah, I sure posted quite a few quotes while I was in San Francisco last week. Coreen's magical phone with wireless internet access made that possible. Having played with it for a week, I know that I MUST get myself an iPhone or similarly expensive tricked-out cell phone with internet access capabilities. Let's see if I can wait until April when my cell phone contract expires.

Remember my staring problem? Well, I had it at SFO and JFK during my trip and geeked out a bit when I spotted Jacques Pépin sitting a row ahead of me on my Jet Blue flight to San Francisco. Chowhounds and food geeks will know why I gawked a bit. Ok, I didn't have the balls to approach him since I was afraid of frightening him with my enthusiastic babbling about how much my dad and I are fans, have his cookbooks, watch his show.

While waiting for my taxi back to Brooklyn, I stared sleepy-eyed at other luggage-ladden passengers also waiting for their rides and spotted that actor from Windtalkers. Not a fan, so I just continued staring at other passengers.

Now experiencing vacation withdrawal.

Labels:

3 Comments  |  Link



3 Comments

at 5:07 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just remember, once you get one, you can never go back. That's what I hear about a lot of things (most of them serious vices), but with mobile wireless devices, it's the truth.

 
at 5:59 PM Blogger Awreye said...

Thanks for the insight (warning?). Must. Hold. Out. Until. Spring.

 
at 3:58 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, both insight and warning. I thought I could do it. Thought I had strong enough will power. Now I find the urge to check email while driving, in the security line at the airport, waiting for a concert to start, even waiting in line for the bathroom... I have become one of "those" people.

 

Post a Comment